Silly Sentences is a course designed to help students build and understand sentences. This mini course is an expanded version of activities found in our Beginning Reading with Phonics course. These skills are so important that we decided that we needed to give students more practice with these skills.
Program FeaturesThere are three sections:
Learning to Read and Write Sentences Using Pictures: This course begins with an animated story that teaches writing sentences by connecting words to make a complete idea. It also covers capitalizing the first word in a sentence and using puncutation. Our "Learn the Words" activity gives students the opportunity to learn and hear the words that will be used in the following sections. Students see the sentences with pictures and sound to learn the words and the sentences.
Look and Say: The focus of the first set of activities is using pictures and understanding the meaning of the picture as written in a sentence. Students will see a picture and select the correct sentence that goes with the picture.
Sentence Builder: This activity asks students to place words in the correct order to build a sentence. Once the sentence is completed, the sentence is represented by a picture and the sentence to reinforce building sentences by combining words.
- Designed for kindergarten and first grade students
- User friendly
- The Super Star Motivational and Data Tracking system, which encourages students to earn silver and gold stars by completing each activity and story
- User does not need to know how to read to use the program
- Appropriate for ESL and Special Needs Education
- Encourages kids to get excited about learning to read
- Connecting words to make a sentence
- Writing sentences with a complete idea
- Capitalizing the first word of a sentence
- Using puctuation to end a sentence
- Using pictures to learn new words
- Using pictures to identify the correct sentence
- Building sentences from words by placing the words in the correct order
- And much, much more
More Resources (download .pdf)
Click on a picture to view full-size.
Super Star Online: System Requirements
- Devices: Windows, Mac, Chromebook, Android, iPad/iPhone
- A broadband connection is highly recommended
Ordering: Super Star Online for Schools
- More Ordering Options
- Price: $5 per user, per year (25 users minimum).
- When ordering online, after you click on Add to Cart, update the quantity to include all the users in the subscription (25 minimum).
- All of our courses are included in any subscription
- Includes one hour of free online training for teachers and/or site administrator.
- Call or text 760-419-7216 for a written quote