Super Star Online for School
Current Status: Microsoft Edge needs to be allow Flash before using any Flash courses - see below
If you need help with Flash (any browser), go to:Adobe Flash Player Help
Running Flash with Chrome Extension
Some of the Super Star Online courses require a computer and Flash to run, these courses are marked by the words: "Flash Required" at the bottom of the course icon. These courses will not run on tablets or phones. We are working on converting our courses the HTML5 so that they can run on almost
any device, without Flash.
The browsers have made it increasingly difficult to run Flash, and may require several steps to launch our Flash courses. We no longer recommend the Chrome browser. Please try
other browsers, if you can. We do understand that if you are using a Chromebook, you have no choice.
If you are using the Chrome browser, we found an extension for the Chrome that makes running our courses seamless, it is called: Automated Flash Site Enabler.
It is free, unless you want the Pro version.
To install the Automated Flash Site Enabler:
- 1. Open the Chrome browser and go to the Chrome webstore: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/category/extensions
- 2. Search for: automated flash site enabler -look for green circle with check (Lite)
- 3. Install by clicking on: Add to Chrome, then Add extension
- 4. You should see our Url as Url2: https://superstar.hm2l.com/* - save
- 5. If you are unable to install the Automated Flash Site Enabler, it may mean that your school has locked your computer. Contact your IT department.
- 6. Go to your Super Star Online site and open Games of Math 3 (or any of our courses that require Flash - those that do not have the tablet icon in the
lower right corner of the course icon)
- Note: the free version works fine for our site. If you want to add more than two sites, you may want to try the Pro version.
Click Here for video explaining enabling Flash courses
If the Flash courses will not run after adding the automated flash site enabler, you may need to enable Flash, go to:https://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player.html
If you are using the Microsoft Edge browser, it is a little tricky to run Flash. Please follow these instrutions.
- 1. Make sure that you have the Flash player installed. See link at the top of this page.
- 2. Go to the Super Star Online web page for your school
- 3. Look to the web address for your school (it should look something like: https://superstar.hm2l.com/*yourschool), you will see a small picture of a lock. Click on the lock.
- 4. On the menu that comes up, change Flash to Allow. Exit the menu.
- 5. Click on Refresh on the menu that comes up.
- 6. You should be good to go.
Teacher & Admin Resources
Super Star Online now includes a course for teachers and site administrators called Teacher & Admin Resources. This course contains step-by-step
instructions explaining the optional teacher features of Super Star Online and movies that also explain those features. It also contains movies
to help site administrators add people and assign courses and students to classes.
Now, everything that we had on our support web site is in one easy to find place.
Click Here to view our Teachers & Admins Resources course (free). User name: teach,
Example Link for Super Star Online
Once you subscribe to Super Star Online, you will be sent link by e-mail (which will be unique to your school) that will look
something like this: https://superstar.HM2L.com/test .
The first part of the link is the same for every school, only the end of the link (test) will be unique to your school.
Please note to use HM2L with only the number two and not HM21 with the number twenty-one.
You can also use: www.superstaronline.com/test. SuperStarOnline.com may be easier for you to remember.
Download Manuals and Sample Letters - Adobe Acrobat Format
Download Sample Letters - Word document format
The following tutorials are available as movies:
1. Tutorials for Teachers:
2. Tutorials for Site Administrators:
3. Tutorials Parents (and Teachers)
You can find additional tutorials and product demos on our site on YouTube and from our Movie Tutorial page.
Tablets: iPad and Android
Several Super Star Online courses are now available for iPad and Android. Look for the tablet icon on the course icon for those courses.
How do I get sound back on my iPad?
Using the iPad's side switch settings to bring back the sound in...
- Navigate to Settings on your iPad.
- Tap on General and scroll down to the “Use Side Switch to” box and select the mute option.
- Toggle the side switch to the off position and presto! Your favorite kid's app has sound once more.
- To lock the rotation again, just go back to settings to switch what the side switch controls.
If you are having trouble accessing the courseware, here are some
things to check:
- It might be possible that your IP address is blocked by our server.
There have been a rash of attacks on web sites around the world and our
ISP has been a little more aggressive at protecting us. Send us the IP address (you might need
to talk to your tech department to get your IP address) of your school and we
will check to see if it is blocked.
- If your school network is running a content filter such as
WebSense, be sure that all servers in the "hm2l.com" domain
*.hm2l.com) are unblocked. You can use our
Test Page to
make sure that you can access our media file server in
particular. If you do not see a "Test Successful" message
when clicking the link, your network may be blocking our
site. To unblock our IP address, use IP: 188.8.131.52.
- Click on the link below to go to our test site. Change the word "test/login" at the end of the link to
the unique identifier that was given to your school. Note: a common
mistake is to use hm21 (using the number 21, instead of HM2L).
- Flash not detected: If you have a new computer or have recently upgraded your browser, you may have trouble running our courses because your browser
might not have Flash enabled or our site might not detect that you have a browser that supports Flash. The following link may
help you enable Flash:
Adobe.com Flash Player Help - see item 4. Enable Flash Player in your browser
- If you are using Internet Explorer and the titles/courses won't load
or you just get a black screen: click on Tools on the menu bar of Internet
Explorer (or you can click on the Tools icon in the upper right hand corner),
click on Internet Options, click on the Advanced Tab, under Reset Internet
Explorer settings, click on the Reset button. Click on Apply and OK. Close
Internet Explorer and then restart Internet Explorer and Super Star Online.
- Try a different browser. We have noticed some issues with Internet
Explorer 7. Upgrade to Internet Explorer 8 or one of the recommended