Super Star Online includes a course for teachers and site administrators called Teacher & Admins Resources. This course contains step-by-step instructions explaining the optional teacher features of Super Star Online and movies that also explain those features. It also includes movies to help site administrators add people and assign courses and students to classes. Click Here to view our Teachers & Admins Resources course (free). User name: teach, password: star
Once you subscribe to Super Star Online, you will be sent a link by email (which will be unique to your school) that will look like this: https://superstar.HM2L.com/test . The first part of the link is the same for every school; only the end of the link (test) will be unique to your school.
Please note to use HM2L with only the number two and not HM21 with the number twenty-one.
The following tutorials are available as movies:
Several Super Star Online courses are now available for iPad and Android. Look for the tablet icon on the course icon for those courses.iPad: How do I get sound back on my iPad?
If you are having trouble accessing the courseware, here are some things to check:
1. It might be possible that your IP address is blocked by our server. There has been a rash of attacks on web sites worldwide, and our ISP has been a little more aggressive at protecting us. Send us the IP address (you might need to talk to your tech department to get your IP address) of your school, and we will check to see if it is blocked.
2. If your school network is running a content filter such as Websense, be sure that all servers in the "hm2l.com" domain (*.hm2l.com) are unblocked. You can use our Test Page to make sure that you can access our media file server in particular. If you do not see a "Test Successful" message when clicking the link, your network may be blocking our site. To unblock our IP address, use IP: 184.108.40.206.
3. Click on the link below to go to our test site. Change the word "test/login" at the end of the link to the unique identifier that was given to your school. Note: a common mistake is to use hm21 (using the number 21, instead of HM2L). https://superstar.hm2l.com/test
4. If you use Internet Explorer and the titles/courses won't load, or you just get a black screen, click on Tools on the menu bar of Internet Explorer (or you can click on the Tools icon in the upper right-hand corner), click on Internet Options, click on the Advanced Tab, under Reset Internet Explorer settings, click on the Reset button. Click on Apply and OK. Close Internet Explorer and then restart Internet Explorer and Super Star Online.
5. Try a different browser. We have noticed some issues with Internet Explorer 7. Upgrade to Microsoft Edge or one of the recommended browsers.