$13 Billion in Emergency Coronavirus Relief to Support Continued Education for K-12 Students
"WASHINGTON - APRIL 23, 2020 — U.S. Secretary of Education Betsy DeVos announced today that more than $13.2 billion in emergency
relief funds are now available to state and local education agencies to support continued learning for K-12 students whose educations have been disrupted by the coronavirus.
This funding is allocated by the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act, which was signed by President Donald J. Trump less than a month ago.
Education leaders will have the flexibility to use funds from the Elementary and Secondary School Education Relief Fund (ESSER Fund) for immediate needs, such as tools and
resources for distance education, ensuring student health and safety, and developing and implementing plans for the next school year."
"The Department implemented a streamlined process for states to apply for and receive this critical funding by cutting red tape and removing unnecessary delays.
SEAs have until July 1, 2020, to apply for ESSER funds ...
The above is repeated from the U.S. Department of Education web site. To read the full report, please go to: Federal Funds for K-12
"Your Kids will Love Learning with Super Star!"
Parents and teachers are both sharing the challenges of educating in the new Covid-19 world, but Super Star Online is giving parents and teachers the power to take control.
The $13.2B CARES ACT is helping to bring our powerful and effective educational collection within closer reach.
Online programs have become increasingly more important given school systems uncertainties and parental involvement, but Super Star Online brings students a fun, effective,
and easy-to-use program that both teachers and parents can rely on to engage and push their students further, faster.
Our proprietary "Learn the Words" activities help speed language development without teacher and parent micromanaging, and our
"Super Star Motivational and Tracking System" tracks
student achievement throughout our system so parents and teachers can focus on teaching not recording.
Preparing for the Next School Year
- Scenario 1: Schools open as usual: The 15 courses available with any subscription to Super Star Online will be a valuable resource for your students, teachers and parents as a supplemental resource.
Students will use the Super Star Online courses in the classroom, in the computer lab, after-school, and for special education instruction.
- Scenario 2: Schools remain closed: In this case, the courses of Super Star Online will become even more critical to your distance learning strategy. Access to Super Star Online is one of
the easiest and most engaging forms of distance learning. The instruction is clear and easy-to-understand, making understanding the instruction not only easy for the students, but also for the parents
who are helping their child. The courses are also engaging and fun, making it easier for the parents to motivate their child to study.
Teachers can use our included learning management and reporting features to remain engaged with their students. Teachers can make courses assignments and track the progress of their students.
- Scenario 3: Schools open, but are closed again: Combining the advantages above, we suggest that you take this opportunity to prepare parents for the possibility of closing again.
Most important, teachers need to find the best ways to communicate with parents. Teachers need to find out how capable and motivated they are to help their child with their lessons.
Teachers need to inventory the capability the that parents have to help their child, including Wi-Fi access, device availability and the ability to access online programs such as Super Star Online.
The following resources may help you as you prepare your grant proposal.
Please let us know if you need any documentation or help when applying for ESSER funding, Title 1 funds, or any grant.
- Standards Correlations: You can find our standard correlations on this site at: Standards Correlations
- Research Basis: You can find our research reports on this site at: Research Reports
- Testimonials: You can find our school, student, and customer testimonials on this site at: Testimonials
Sample Testimonial: "I would first like to tell you how much our school district loves all of the Help Me 2 Learn products. From the teacher standpoint I loved to use the program
with all of my students. It is amazing to watch them learning their sounds when they believe that they are competing in a game or learn how to build compound words.
The teachers in my school loved the fact that I could print off reports that went along with their report cards and standards.
Help Me 2 Learn has also been beneficial for helping our student achieve higher test scores on their standardized testing and reading comprehension."
Bentonville Public Schools
- List of Courses: You can find our a list of our courses (all of our 14 courses are included in any subscription to Super Star Online) and information abnout each course on this
List of Courses and Course Info
A list of our courses by common grade levels is also available at:
Common Grade Levels for Super Star Online Courses (.pdf)
- Preview of Courses: We offer a free and open preview of Super Star Online and all of our courses at: Free Course Preview to view and try our courses. Login user name: super, use password: star.
- Free Subscription: We offer a free 60-day subscription to Super Star online for your entire school. To request a free subscription send your e-mail request to:
Free Subscription Request for School or call 800-460-7001. We will usually setup the free subscription within one day. If you only want to preview our courses, use the Preview of Courses above. This subscription involves
setting up accounts for your students. We will be happy to help or import your students for you.
More information about setting up Super Star Online for a school, is available at: School Closures.
- Pricing: A subscription to Super Star Online is available at $5 per user, per year (25 users minimum). All of our courses are available with any subscription.
Call for district pricing. Subscriptions for schools and/or districts using Clever are also available.
- Written Quote: We will be happy to provide you with a written quote:
Request for a quote for Super Star Online for my school
For more information please call: 800-460-7001 or by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
We can discuss our programs and how to attain your school's portion of the $13.2B CARES ACT.