Using Super Star Online for Schools that are Temporarily Closed due to the Coronavirs (COVID-19)
The following page outlines information for schools that will be using Super Star Online while the school is temporarily closed.
First Step: Obtain a free online subscription to Super Star Online from the Help Me 2 Learn Company
We now offer a free subscription good until June 30, 2020 to Super Star Online for schools and a 30-day free subscription to parents. The free subscription for schools can be used for a class or for the entire PreK to 5 grades. The subscription for parents (home subscription) can be used by the entire family. This is a limited time offer with no obligation.
If you are not familiar with Super Star Online, here is a free preview of our courses: click on Free Course Preview to view and try our courses. User name: super, password: star. This is an open preview of
For Schools: If you like what you see and you are a teacher or staff member of a PreK to grade 5 school, you can request a free subscription good until June 30, 2020 for your entire PreK to 5 school, which will include individual accounts and all the features of Super Star Online.
To request a free subscription for your school, send your e-mail request to: Request for a Free
School Subscription or call 800-460-7001 (9AM to 9PM PST). We will usually setup the free trial within one day. All 60-day subscriptions will end on June 30, 2020.
Home or Home School Users go to: https://SuperStarPhonics.com. Super Star Phonics offers a 30-day free trial of our
self-managed Super Star Online courses.
Second Step: Setup
Once your request has been received, you will receive an e-mail with setup information about your site (please watch your spam folder as many of our emails go to spam). Super Star Online is designed so the each student and teacher has an individual account. Based on your needs, you have the following options for setup of Super Star Online:
Third Step: Distribution
- Traditional Setup: student and teacher accounts can be created by importing a .CSV file into Super Star Online. The .CSV file will contain the names of the users, their user name, their
password, the name of their class, and the grade of the user (optional). The school can do the import or the school can create a file and send it to us to do the import. Once the import is completed, the courses need to be assigned to the classes. If the grades are included in the import file, this can easily be completed by assigning the appropriate courses by grade.
- Setup by Clever: If the school uses Clever, then the setup can be completed by using the Clever Secure Sync.
- Setup by Teachers: In this case, the school site administrator would create teacher accounts. The site administrator could add the student accounts or the teacher could add student account for the class. The teacher would assign the appropriate courses the class.
- Generic Setup The school can opt for a generic setup. In this case we import generic accounts substituting numbers for the names of the students and using numbers for the login. The school could then assign the students a number for a login or let the users pick a number for their login. This is the easiest path for the school but the least personalized. Students like to see their name on the Super Star page of the courses. Teachers could always go back and edit the names later.
The Super Star Online URL (link), user name, and password must be distributed to the teachers, parents, and students.
- Teachers: Each school will have its own method of distributing to teachers. The site administrator can sign-in to Super Star Online, click on People, Export People. This will give the
site administrator a digital file that they can use to help distribute the class information to the teachers. However, this file will not contain the passwords. The site adminstrator can add the passwords to the file or communicate them another way.
- Clever: If the school uses Clever, students will sign in from the Clever web site at: https://clever.com or they can use their Clever badges.
- Letter to Parents: It is recommended that the school or teacher send a letter home to the parents. We offer a sample letter to parents
at: https://helpme2learn.com/support. It is recommended that you use https://superstar.HM2L.com/yourschool, using capital letters for
HM2L as lowercase letters might be confused for 21 instead of 2L. Modify the letter our sample letter as needed. It is available in English and Spanish.
- School Website: Schools will typically post the link and information about Super Star Online on their school web site.
It is recommended that teachers (or the site administrator) monitor the progress of the students on a regular basis. Teachers can view the class reports from the Reports button on their
console or they can view the class and individual details reports from the Teachers and Admins button of each course.
Please contact us at 800-460-7001 if you need any help. We are always happy to help.